A breakfast platter loaded with the authentic Mexican flavors in Cholula® Smoky Carnitas Street Taco Seasoning and Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce.
Refried Chipotle Pinto Beans
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat fat, add onions and sauté until just beinging to caramelize.
- Add beans, stock, and seasoning. Simmer until beans are tender. Mash with a potato masher or wooden spoon until the majority of the mixture is mashed and smooth but there are still some whole beans. Add cheese and mix well. Hold hot for service or refrigerate until needed.
Ground Pork 'Carnitas'
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat oil and sauté onion and poblanos until just tender. Add pork and cook, breaking up into small pieces with a spoon, until cooked through.
- Add seasoning and mix well. If seasoning and pork caramelizes on pan, deglaze with a little water and mix well. Hold hot for service or refrigerate for later use.
- Heat a small sauté pan to medium high. For each order heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cut a corn tortilla in half and fry to golden brown. Turn the tortilla halves and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp seasoning. Cook until golden brown and almost crisp. Plate both halves together and hold warm.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan and fry 2 eggs as ordered.
- Spread each tortilla half with 2 tablespoons refried beans and top each with 3 ounces cooked pork. Drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons Cholula. Top with eggs and drizzle with an additional 1 1/2 teaspoons Cholula. Garnish with 2 tablespoons tomatoes, 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 tablespoon cotija. Plate with 3 slices of avocado and a lime wedge. Serve hot.
The ground pork carnitas can be replaced with the pulled pork shoulder in the Smoky Chipotle Carnitas recipe, ground beef or ground turkey.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch