With pinches and spoonfuls of McCormick Culinary Chipotle Powder, Ancho Chili Pepper, Cinnamon, Black Pepper plus French’s Dijon Mustard, customers cannot prepare enough for the layers of flavors in Chef Lance McWhorter’s Spicy Crab Cake Benedict! Served on a bed of grilled Roma tomatoes and sautéed baby spinach, this enticing entrée is then topped with ground jalapeno seasoning, capers, black pepper and a delicious poached egg. For extra crispiness on the sides, press your mix onto an oiled pan or grilled plate.
For the Spicy Crab Cake:
- Whisk egg and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add all ingredients except for the crab and mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold in crab. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pack mix into 2" ring mold and press out excess moisture.
- Bake 8 minutes at 500F.
For the Poached Eggs:
- Bring water seasoned with Kosher salt and white wine vinegar to a simmer in a high walled saucepan.
- Gently crack egg and drop into water after stirring water in a circular motion. Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until whites have set and yolk is just cooked.
- Remove with slotted spoon, allow to drain into a towel under the spoon.
- Hold warm until assembly then serve immediately.
For the Spicy Hollandaise:
- Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in bowl until doubled in volume then place bowl over a pot of simmering water. Slowly add butter while whisking until fully incorporated.
- Remove from heat and whisk in seasonings.
- Adjust texture by whisking in water from the pot.
- Hold warm.
For Assembly Preparations:
- Grill the Roma tomato slices (12) and saute the baby spinach and hold warm.
- Serve on 3 grilled Roma tomato slices and sauteed baby spinach.
- Top with a poached egg, plus the spicy hollandaise (seasoned with McCormick Culinary ground jalapeno, cayenne pepper and Mediterranean fine grind sea salt), capers and McCormick Culinary cracked black pepper.
For a quick service brunch item, turn the spicy crab cake benedict into an egg sandwich.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: America