Classic shrimp po'boy gets a Mexican twist in taco form, with a kick of jalapeno and poblano from Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, Cholula, and lime juice. Whisk well. Hold refrigerated for service.
Pickled Red Onions
- Place onions in boiling water for 10 seconds, remove immediately, and drain.
- In a bowl combine vinegar and Cholula. Add blanched onions and cool completely. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl, whisk Cajun Seasoning and flour. Set in shallow hotel pan.
- Set up standard breading procedure with seasoned flour, egg wash, and panko.
- Bread shrimp and place on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set flat top griddle or grill to medium and fryer to 350°F. For service, warm and slightly grill mark 2 tortillas.
- Fry 8 shrimp until crispy and cooked through.
- Plate 2 tortillas in taco holders and fill each with 1/4 cup of lettuce and 1 1/2 teaspoons Cholula mayonnaise. Top each with 4 fried shrimp and 1 tablespoon Pickled Red Onions.
- Arrange on serving plate in taco holders and garnish with a cilantro sprig and lemon wedge. Serve warm.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches