A simple burger becomes a flavor superstar with layers of bold flavor. Season the burger patty with harissa to give the impression of a lamb burger (it's a beef patty!) and top with harissa aioli and tangy quick pickles. This recipe features our new Global Blends Harissa Seasoning.
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise and harissa seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- In a sauce pot combine vinegar, water, dill weed, salt, peppercorns, mustard seed and garlic. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and stir until salt is fully dissolved.
- Place cucumbers in a deep container. Pour hot vinegar mixture overtop cucumbers. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- Set grill to medium high. For each serving, season a burger patty on both sides with 1 teaspoon of harissa seasoning. Grill burger to desired doneness.
- While burger is being grilled, grill 2 slices of halloumi and 1 bun.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of harissa aioli on each the heel and crown of the toasted bun. Place 1/4 cup of spinach on the base of the bun. Top with grilled patty, grilled halloumi, 4 slices of quick pickles and 1 set of sliced red onion rings. Top with crown of bun. Serve hot alongside desired accompaniments.
The Harissa Aioli on this burger build is great for any sandwich or wrap!
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Moroccan