A traditional taco dish made simple and filling by adding Lawry's® Mexican Rice.
Taco Filling | Serves 50 (2-Tacos Each)
- 20 cups (10 pounds) Pulled Pork (USDA Commodity)
- 4 cups (2 1/2 pounds) Pineapple, canned, chunks and juice
- 1 cup Lawrys ® Mexican Seasoning, Salt Free
- 1/4 cup (2 fluid ounces) Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) Brown Sugar
Taco Build | Serves 50 (2-Tacos Each)
- 100 each Whole Grain Flour Tortillas, 6-inch
- 12 1/2 cups (5 1/2 pounds) Rice prepared using Lawrys ® Mexican Rice Seasoning Mix
- 25 1/2 cups (3 1/4 pounds) Lettuce, shredded
- 6 1/4 cups (1 1/2 quarts) Salsa , low sodium
- 6 1/4 cups (1 3/4 pounds) Grilled Corn, prepared
- Set oven to 375°F. In a 4-inch full hotel pan, combine the pork, seasoning, lime juice, brown sugar, pineapple chunks and juice and mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed and an internal temperature of 165°F has been reached. Hold hot for service.
- For each taco shell, fill with 1/4 cup of rice and 1/4 cup of pork filling. Top with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon of corn.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 377 Calories, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 3.3g, Cholesterol 58mg, Sodium 821mg, Carbohydrates 40g, Fiber 3g, Total Sugars 7g, Protein 25g
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Latin American