A vegetarian taco with meaty jackfruit, and a good kick from Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce in a cider pepper syrup.
Cider Pepper Syrup
- In a saucepan combine vinegar, coconut sugar, red pepper, rosemary, white pepper, and red pepper. Bring to a boil, and whisk well. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a syrup consistency.
- Add Frank's RedHot, stir, and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow flavors to steep at least 4 hours or overnight. Strain through 2 layers of cheesecloth. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, coconut sugar, smoked paprika, garlic, cinnamon, and salt. Add jackfruit and toss to coast evenly. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl, combine onions and cilantro. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to high. For each order, grill 4 ounces of marinated jackfruit until well marked on all sides. Remove from grill, and shred or slice into thin strips.
- Warm 2 tortillas on grill. Divide jackfruit between tortillas. Top each with 2 tablespoons onion blend, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 tablespoon cider pepper syrup. Serve hot.
For a milder and fruity syrup, add up to 30% mango or pineapple puree.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 219 cal
- Sodium: 1037 mg
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Protein: 4 g