Seasoned with Six Taste Spice Blend - sweet (coriander), sour (lemon), salty (sea salt), bitter (cumin), astringent (turmeric) and pungent (ginger) - the hearty grain and veggie filling in these vegan tacos serves as a great base for grain and broth bowls too. Explore
- Set oven to 450°F. In a pot combine water and first amount of salt. Bring to a boil and add farro and chana dal. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until tender. Drain any excess liquid and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine first amount of oil with sweet potatoes and red bell pepper. Toss until evenly distributed. Place onto a parchment-lined sheet tray and roast until the sweet potatoes are tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat second amount of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add Six Taste Spice Blend and fry until fragrant. Add cooked farro/chana dal mixture and second amount of salt. Stir until spice blend is evenly distributed.
- Remove from heat and add roasted sweet potatoes and pepper, corn, and kale. Stir to fully combine ingredients. Cool and hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, in a sauté pan heat 3/4 cup of farro mixture until warmed through. Divide evenly between 3 warmed corn tortillas. Garnish with avocado slices and pickled red onion. Serve warm.
In addition to tacos serve this filling as a hearty side dish, base for a grain bowl, base for a broth bowl.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches