A German inspired pretzel burger featuring a Summer Ale Mustard Sauce.
Summer Ale Mustard Sauce
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter and saute garlic until lightly golden.
- Add beer and bring to a boil. Low heat to simmer and reduce by half.
- Add spicy brown mustard, honey, and grated horseradish. Whisk until blended. Remove from heat and cool. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to medium high. For each serving, season 1 burger patty with a 1/2 tsp of hamburger seasoning on each side and grill to desired doneness. Add cheese just before burger is finished to melt. Toast bun.
- Place patty on base of bun. Top with 3 pickle coins, 1/4 cup leafy greens, 2 slices tomato, and 1 red onion ring. Spread crown of bun with 2 tablespoons of Summer Ale Mustard Sauce and top burger. Serve hot.
Try adding 1/4 cup of French's® Crispy Onions per serving for an additional crunch.
Replace burger patty with a split bratwurst for a twist on this burger.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches