Crispy fried chicken marinated in buttermilk and Cattlemen's® Sweet & Bold BBQ Sauce served on a flaky biscuit with barbecue butter.
- Place softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat with paddle attachment on medium until butter is light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add BBQ sauce. Beat on medium until fully incorporated. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl, combine buttermilk, second listed BBQ sauce and Frank's® RedHot. Whisk well. Add chicken and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, whisk together first amounts of flour and Montreal Chicken seasoning. In another bowl, whisk together second amount of flour, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and place on a wire rack to drain slightly. Place each chicken section into the Montreal Chicken seasoned flour individually. Squeeze the flour mixture into the chicken to create a thicker coating with ridges and bumps.
- Place on a clean rack and let stand for 5 minutes to allow the flour to hydrate. Repeat this process with the Montreal Chicken seasoned flour. Finally coat chicken pieces in salt and pepper seasoned flour in the same fashion. Place on clean rack and hold refrigerated for service.
- Set fryer to 350°F. For each serving, fry one portion of chicken until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow to drain.
- Split 1 biscuit and spread both heel and crown with 1 tablespoon BBQ Butter. Place hot fried chicken on heel of biscuit and finish with crown. Serve hot with additional BBQ Butter on the side.
This fried chicken would be great in a more traditional fried chicken sandwich or switch out the chicken breast for whole bone-in chicken for a barbecued fried chicken entrée!
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Barbecue