Add some zest to your best menus with this delectable dessert by Austin, Texas’ Chef Casey Wilcox. Tempered into a flavorful fusion of lemon juice, sugar, butter and McCormick Culinary Juniper Berries, this piquant curd is then topped with thyme crumble and freshly made Herbs De Provence Ice Cream.
For the Lemon Juniper Curd:
- Bring lemon juice, sugar, butter and McCormick Culinary Juniper Berries to a simmer.
- Remove berries after a few minutes, once flavor is infused.
- Temper eggs into mixture and continue to cook, stirring consistently until mixture thickens.
- Cover with plastic and reserve.
For the Thyme Crumble:
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Crumble onto baking sheet and bake at 350F, until slightly browned.
For the Herbes De Provence Ice Cream:
- Simmer milk, sugar, vanilla and McCormick Culinary Herbes De Provence, until flavor is infused.
- Strain hot liquid into egg yolks.
- Add cold cream.
- Process in ice cream maker.
- Place lemon juniper curd in glass and top with thyme crumble and herbes de Provence ice cream.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: French