Nutty with flavors of thyme and sesame this almond crusted seabass is a uniquely delicious fish entrée that will leave your guests craving more. This recipe features our new Global Blends Za’atar Seasoning.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, Za'atar, garlic powder, and salt. Transfer to a 2" third pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine parmesan, ground almonds, and lemon zest. Transfer to a 2" third pan and set aside.
- Coat each portion of seabass first in seasoned eggs and then almond mixture. Ensure all sides are well coated. Place in a hotel pan, making sure portions are separated. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- For each service, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Sear one portion of crusted seabass on all sides until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Remove from pan and set on desired plate.
- Add 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper to hot sauté pan. Sauté until tomatoes begin to burst. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of butter to create an emulsion. Plate overtop of seared seabass. Serve hot alongside desired side.
This dish could be made with most white fish, such as halibut or cod.