The buttermilk brine is a combination of buttermilk, brown sugar, and Frank's RedHot Original to make a really flavorful and juicy whole roasted chicken.
- In a stainless steel bowl, combine the buttermilk, water, Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning, and Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce.
- Cover the whole chicken with the buttermilk brine for 6-24 hours.
- Remove chicken from the brine and discard the brine.
- Wipe off excess brine and pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season the entire chicken evenly with the Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Place the seasoned chicken on a wire rack. Roast in a 325 ͦF convection oven 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked and reaches 155 ͦF.
- Allow to relax for 10-15 minutes. The temperature will carry over cook to 165F ͦ This will ensure the chicken is moist and juicy and not over cooked.
Rub the entire chicken evenly with seasoning including legs, thighs and the back. This chicken can be served in quarters on the bone or pulled from the bone for service or used for sandwiches, salads, quesadillas or soups.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 10 minutes + 6 hours brining time