Marinated in citrus, garlic and ginger, and seasoned with McCormick® Culinary Peruvian Seasoning, this Peruvian chicken is the real deal when paired with a creamy, spicy amarillo sauce. This recipe features our new Global Blends Peruvian Seasoning.
Creamy Amarillo Sauce
- In a bowl, whisk mayonnaise, aji amarillo, orange juice, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, McCormick Culinary Peruvian Seasoning, turmeric, and lemon zest together until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- Place olive oil, lemon and lime juice, soy sauce, McCormick Culinary Peruvian Seasoning, aji amarillo paste, garlic, and ginger into the pitcher of a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Place chicken sections into a hotel pan and pour marinade over top. Rub marinade into chicken for 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 2 hours.
- Heat canola oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until very hot. Add marinated chicken in batches as to not crowd the pan. Place chicken skin side down and sear until crisp. Flip and repeat for other side. Transfer to a lined sheet tray. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate until service.
- Set oven to 325°F. For each serving, place one piece of white meat chicken and one dark in oven and roast until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Plate as desired. Serve hot with Creamy Amarillo Sauce.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Prep time: 35
- Total time: 20