Similar to bouillabaisse, this rich, hearty, Peruvian version is loaded with seafood, sweet potatoes and hominy. This recipe features our new Global Blends Peruvian Seasoning.
- Place cilantro, red bell pepper, onion, garlic cloves and crushed red pepper in the pitcher of a blender. Pulse until mixture is well blended but still coarse.
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium high heat. Sauté onion until translucent. Add pulsed onion/pepper mixture and cook until fragrant. Stir in flour and Peruvian Seasoning. Cook until flour begins to smell nutty. Deglaze with white wine.
- Whisk in seafood stock and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for service.
- Reheat broth for service. For each serving, transfer 16 ounces hot broth to a sauce pot. Bring to a simmer and add 1/2 cups of blanched sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup hominy and clams. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove cover, add mussels and shrimp. Stir to combine. Place haddock on top of the stew and cover. Cook until shellfish is opened and shrimp and haddock are firm and opaque.
- Plate as desired. Garnish with cilantro and grilled ciabatta if desired.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Peruvian