A plating of soba noodles, a garnish of mango relish and toppings of green curry sauce, vegetables and scallops; how can you resist? Seasoned with the savory taste of Thai Kitchen® Green Curry Paste, Fish Sauce and Coconut Milk, this main course by Chef Patrick Mitchell is sure to please hungry crowds year-round. For an extra kick, add Lawry's® Roasted Garlic & Red Bell Pepper Seasoning!
For the Green Curry Sauce:
- Heat 1 oz. vegetable oil in a sauté pan and add in sliced onion. After a couple minutes add in garlic and ginger. Continue to sauté until onions are translucent. 2. Add in Green Curry Paste. Stir in coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- While simmering, add lemongrass, fish sauce, and ponzu. Allow sauce to simmer and finish with the kaffir lime juice and Thai basil. Remove lemon grass.
- Blanch and shock broccoli and snap peas to set the color. Add them into the sauce with the red bell pepper.
For the Mango Relish:
- Combine diced mango, red onion and jalapeno and in a bowl with the cilantro mint and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow the flavors to combine for a couple hours in the refrigerator.
For the Seared Scallops:
- In a separate sauté pan, heat 1 oz. of oil until very hot.
- While the oil is heating, dry the scallops by blotting them on both sides on a clean paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper then place the seasoned side of the scallops down in the hot sauté pan. Season the other side with salt and pepper and leave the scallops set untouched for a couple minutes until a golden crust develops. Turn the scallops and leave untouched until the golden crust develops on the other side as well.
For the Noodles:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add noodles. Let noodles simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until cooked. Strain noodles and serve.
- Plate noodles and top with green curry sauce, vegetables and seared scallops. Garnish with mango relish and Roasted Garlic and Red Bell Pepper seasoning.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Thai