A kicked up version of an Italian classic with the crunch of French's® Crispy Fried Onions, and the heat of Frank's RedHot® Original Buffalo Wings Sauce.
- In third pan combine flour, garlic & herb seasoning, and salt. Stir to combine. Place egg wash in another third pan. In a bowl combine cripsy fried onions, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Pat chicken breast dry, dredge in flour, followed by egg wash then crushed crispy fried onion mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and repeat till all chicken has been breaded. Refrigerate and hold for service.
- Combine tomato sauce and Frank's RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce. Hold hot for service or cool completely and reheat for service.
- Set oven to 400°F For each serving, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Once hot, sear one portion of chicken until golden brown on each side.
- Place 2 ounces of Buffalo tomato sauce in the bottom of a single serve casserole dish. Place cooked chicken on top and cover with an additional 2 ounces of sauce. Finish with 2 slices of mozzarella.
- Bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and cheese is golden brown. Serve hot.
Bread thick planks of eggplant in place of chicken for a delicious vegetarian take on this entrée.
Use this Buffalo Tomato Sauce recipe to kick up any of your Italian dishes!