Recipe Description: These are some well-traveled street tacos! They show their Taiwanese heritage by replacing a taco’s tortilla with scallion pancakes. Wrapped inside is Top Round Steak seasoned with Lawry’s® Asian Ginger, Garlic & Chile Rub, cooked sous-vide, a French cooking method. They finish their global journey by being topped with Sriracha Aioli, made with McCormick Culinary® Sriracha Seasoning, a flavor that hails from Thailand.
- Press Lawry's® Asian Ginger, Garlic & Chile Rub evenly onto all surfaces of beef Top Round Steak. Place steak in foodsafe sousvide bag; add vinegar and seal bag. Circulate bag 8 hours at 145°F. Remove sousvide bag; place in ice water bath for 2 minutes. Remove steak from bag, reserving cooking liquid. Rest steak on cutting board for 5 minutes; slice into 1/2inch cubes. Place steak and reserved cooking liquid in medium bowl; keep warm.
- For Scallion Pancakes: Combine flour and salt in large bowl; whisk to combine. Using wooden spoon, stir in boiling water and 2 teaspoons sesame oil until shaggy dough forms. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. Cover dough with plastic wrap; rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide dough evenly into 8 pieces. Working one at a time, roll dough on lightly floured surface into 3 x 8 x 1/16inch rectangle. Brush dough liberally with sesame oil and top each with 1/4 cup scallions. Roll each rectangle up like a jelly roll, then twist roll into tight spiral, tucking in the end underneath. Cover with plastic wrap and repeat with remaining dough. Rest for 15 minutes at room temperature. Working on a lightly floured surface, roll 1 dough piece at a time into a 5inch round; set aside. Keep remaining dough pieces covered. Repeat with remaining dough, using parchment to separate pancakes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium heat until hot. Cook each pancake until golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 6 minutes, turning as needed to prevent burning. Remove from pan and immediately drape over thick handle (like a wooden spoon) to form a taco shell. When cooled the scallion pancake will hold its shape.
- Place all ingredients in small bowl, mix until well combined; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain steak; discard liquid. Divide steak between 8 scallion pancakes. Top with bok choy, cilantro, chile peppers and Sriracha Aioli, as desired. Serve with lime.
Garnish with Wilted bok choy, fresh cilantro leaves, thinly sliced Freso chile peppers and lime wedges (optional)
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Thai
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 941
- Sodium: 1170 mg
- Carbohydrates: 29.3 g
- Protein: 43.5 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g