Forget everything you think you’ve loved about rice and treat your taste buds to this marinated masterpiece. Complete with McCormick Culinary® Ground Cinnamon, this chicken breast and rice relationship worth warming up to this season.
For the chicken marinade:
- In a hot pan, flash curry leaves in 1 tsp. canola oil, remove and temper.
- Add curry leaves and all marinade ingredients into bowl with chicken. Stir and cover chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is best).
For the fried rice:
- In a wok/pan, add 3 Tbsp. canola oil and heat. Add chicken to wok/pan and cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a clean wok/pan, scramble egg in hot 1 Tbsp. canola oil, remove and chop. Set aside.
- Return wok/pan to heat, add remaining 3 Tbsp. canola oil, all vegetables and cook until translucent. Add cooked rice, stirring constantly to ensure rice does not stick to wok/pan. Sprinkle a few dashes of water into rice to hydrate and loosen clumping.
- Add cooked chicken and egg to wok/pan, fold in and mix. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove when thoroughly cooked and to desired hot temperature, plate and garnish.
Rehydrate your day-old fried rice by breaking it up with your fingers, adding it to the wok/pan and sprinkling water into it. This will slowly rehydrate the rice leaving you with the perfect cooked consistency.
- Recipe type: Pasta and Rice
- Cuisine: Californian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 450
- Sodium: 380 mg
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Protein: 17 g