McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak® Seasoning is the featured flavor on our grilled Black & Blue pizza. Blue Cheese, roasted tomatoes, and perfectly seasoning and grilled steak on grilled crust gets topped with lightly dressed, peppery arugula.
For the Herbed Garlic Oil:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the Toppings:
- Preheat grill to medium high. Season steak on both sides with Montreal Seasoning. Grill to desired doneness, remove from grill and rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice steak against the grain. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil. In a medium bowl toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of garlic oil. Lay flat on a foil lined half sheet tray and broil until tomatoes begin to char, remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of garlic oil. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until they begin to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Pizza Crust:
- Cover the reverse side of a half sheet tray with Olive Oil. Stretch one pizza dough ball out to desired size. Slide dough off of sheet tray and on to grill, so that the oiled side is on the grill. Brush face up side of dough with additional oil. Grill until dough has grill marks and is beginning to crisp. Flip using tongs and a spatula.
For the Build:
- Brush garlic oil over top of pizza crust. Top with 1/4 of the sliced steak, sauted mushrooms, charred tomatoes and a 1/4 cup of blue and mozzarella cheese. Place pizza in warm oven to melt toppings.
- While cheese is melting, in a medium bowl, toss arugula with red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon of garlic oil.
- Once cheese has melted, remove from oven and top with 1/4 of the dressed arugula. Serve immediately.
This pizza is great using our traditional white pizza dough balls or try it with our whole grain pizza dough balls!
This recipe makes 4 personal size pizzas.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread
- Cuisine: Italian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 1440
- Sodium: 2550 mg
- Carbohydrates: 106 g
- Protein: 52 g