Our whole wheat pizza dough is a healthier twist on your classic dough. We've added in sunflower, chia and flax seeds, which pack an unexpected craveable crunch that will make both your healthy and indulgent customers rave over this crunch crave!
- In a medium bowl combine the warm water and sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add yeast and stir. Let sit until frothy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine salt, whole wheat and all purpose flour, flax, sunflower, and chia seeds. Attach dough hook and with the mixer on its lowest setting slowly add the yeast mixture and oil. Knead in mixture until dough ball has formed. Increase speed to the next lowest setting and knead until dough is relatively smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a lightly greased large metal bowl. Roll the dough around so it is lightly oiled. Cover with plastic and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide into 4 equal portions for 10" pizzas, 2 equal portions for 14" pizzas, or leave as is for 18" pizza. Form into balls and use immediately or refrigerate for later use, up to 1 day later.
- When ready to use, gently stretch dough into appropriate size and cook as desired.
Pre-bake a few crusts for your dinner rush for "fast delivery," made fresh to order!
This pizza dough can be made in advance and held for one day.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread
- Cuisine: Italian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 590
- Sodium: 590 mg
- Carbohydrates: 96 g
- Protein: 20 g