Fresh crisp romaine wedges are drizzled with a blend of French’s® Worcestershire, French’s® Dijon and fresh lemon juice then turned over on a hot grill to lightly caramelize and wilt. Its then dressed with creamy Caesar that's laced with more Dijon and fresh lemon.
- For Dijon Caesar Dressing: Combine French’s® Dijon Mustard with Caesar dressing and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Hold for service. Yields 1-1/4 cups.
- To Build Salad: Preheat oven to 350°F. Also preheat grill to hot. Combine Worcestershire, Dijon, 1 tsp. lemon juice, grated Parmesan and water. Drizzle over cut side of romaine. Let sit to marinate 2-3 minutes. Season with pepper to taste.
- On a sheet pan pile heaping tablespoons of onions and cover each with a 1 tsp. shredded Parmesan. Bake in oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Cool.
- Grill romaine on just the cut side for one minute. Plate, garnish with cheese covered onion crisps, tomatoes and 2 Tbsp. Dijon Caesar Dressing.
This impressive grilled salad can be upgraded with grilled protein such as chicken, shrimp or beef.
For a simpler romaine marinade just thin the dressing with water and Worcestershire.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads