A smoky BBQ sauce spiked with OLD BAY® Hot Sauce, Zatarain's® Creole Mustard, and finished with heavy cream and a hint of lemon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay bacon on a sheet pan and bake until crispy and fat is rendered. Reserve rendered fat. Chop and reserve bacon.
- In a sauce pot over medium high heat combine butter and reserved bacon fat. Add garlic and scallion whites and sauté until translucent. Add Cajun seasoning and stir until well distributed.
- Add cream, BBQ sauce, hot sauce and mustard. Whisk to combine. Heat to reduce slightly. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Hold hot for service or refrigerate and reheat for service. At service, garnish finished sauce with reserved bacon and scallion tops.
For NOLA Style pan barbecued seafood, sear fish in pan and remove. Deglaze with prepared sauce and return fish to pan to finish cooking. Garnish with bacon and scallions.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads