A classic all beef chili with the bold taste of French's Spicy Mustard.
- In a heavy bottom rondeau over medium high heat, add half the oil. Once hot add diced beef. Brown meat on all sides. Remove from pot and reserve.
- Add remaining oil and sauté tomato paste with onions and garlic until tomato paste begins to caramelize and darken in color. Add in all spices and salt, stir to distribute. Return browned beef to pot.
- Add beef stock and half of water. Bring chili to a simmer and cover. Cook until meat is tender and almost falling apart.
- In a bowl blend remaining water, masa harina, brown sugar and spicy mustard. Whisk to combine. Add masa harina mixture to pot. Stir to incorporate and simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and refrigerated for service.
- Reheat chili to 165°F. For each serving, protion 1 1/2 cups of chli into desired bowl. Garnish with 2 tablespoons each cheddar cheese and crispy onions.
For a spicier version top chili with French's® Crispy Jalapenos.
This recipe will work great with any cut of beef or even ground meat.
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls