A perfect substitute for high sodium broth bases
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic halves, cut side down, and cook until browned. Reduce heat and add the celery, peppercorns, and wine. Allow to reduce slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients, increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer, stirring occasional to ensure the Parmesan rinds are not sticking. Simmer uncovered for 2 hours or until reduced by half.
- Remove Parmesan rinds with tongs, then strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Store in an air tight container.
Try different McCormick Whole Peppercorn blends for a different flavor!
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls
- Cuisine: Contemporary American