Red Red is a traditional Ghanaian dish consisting of black eyed peas and the traditional combination of garlic, chilies, tomatoes, and ginger.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large heavy bottom pot. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ginger, garlic, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes. Fry in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock, beans, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Fry plantains at 350°F for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to brown. Add fried plantains to Red Red. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes to allow plantains to absorb some flavor.
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls
- Cuisine: African
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 870
- Sodium: 1875
- Carbohydrates: 94.5
- Protein: 24