This Cilantro Lime Rice has just the right blend of herby citrus flavor and mild heat to build the perfect bowl. Top with prepared grilled chicken, along with hearty beans and sweet corn. Finish with a seasoned crema-style sauce and serve with a la carte toppings.
Sauce | Serves 48
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Milk, reduced fat
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Cumin, Ground
- 2 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Garlic Powder
- 2 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Paprika, Smoked
Rice Bowl | Serves 48
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) Butter, unsalted, melted
- 3 cups (24 ounces) Onion, small dice
- 3 tbsps Garlic, minced
- 12 each Jalapeno Peppers, seeded, small dice
- 12 cups (3 quarts) Rice, white or brown
- 24 cups (6 quarts) Chicken Stock, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) Lime Juice
- 3 cups (24 ounces) Cilantro, chopped
- 4 1/2 pounds (72 ounces) Grilled Chicken, commodity, strips, warmed
- 6 cups (2 1/2 pounds) Black Beans, Canned, low sodium, drained and rinsed, held hot
- 6 cups (1 3/4 pounds) Grilled Corn, prepared, held hot
- In a bowl, mix mayo, milk, vinegar, Cumin, Garlic Powder, and Smoked Paprika to blend. Hold refrigerated for Service.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- Heat oven to 375°F. Divide melted butter, onion, garlic, jalapeno, rice, in between two 2" hotel pans. Mix to coat ingredients with the butter. Divide the stock, lime juice, and cilantro equally between the two pans and cover with foil. Cook for 25-30 minutes until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork.
To Assemble Rice Bowl
- For each serving, scoop 1/2 cup cooked rice into bowl. Top with 1.5 ounces warmed chicken strips, and 2 tablespoons each black beans and corn. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Sauce.
- Recipe type: Pasta and Rice