Crispy wings tossed in a glaze made with the malty sweetness and hoppy bitterness of stout beer and a touch of Frank's RedHot® Buffalo Wing sauce.
Buffalo Stout Glaze
- Heat beer in a sauce pot over medium heat until simmering. Dissolve cornstarch in water and drizzle into simmering beer, whisking consistantly. Cook, continuing to whisk, until sauce beings to thicken.
- Remove from heat and whisk in buffalo wings sauce, sugar and butter until completely incorporated. Hold hot for service or refrigerate until needed.
- Steam chicken wings until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set fryer to 375°F. For each serving, toss 1 pound of wings with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch until well coated. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain wings and place in a bowl. Toss with 1/3 cup of stout glaze. Serve hot alongside additional glaze and desired accompaniments.
These chicken wings are also great baked, roasted, grilled and even braised - even if they are not "fried" they are fabulous and full of flavor! Try them on your menu today!