Flavor-intensified with ounces of Lawrys® Chipotle Cinnamon Rub, Lawrys® Smoky Chile and Cumin Rub plus McCormick Culinary® Crushed Red Pepper and McCormick Culinary® Ginger, Ground, this lamb is tastily wrapped in a soft egg roll-made sambusa dough. Serve with a side of house-made Mango Coconut Dipping Sauce for the ultimate taste bud adventure.
For the Lamb Filling:
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- Place the oil in a skillet along with spices.
- Saute over medium heat until spices become aromatic.
- Add lamb and cook until browned, stirring into the spice mixture. Set aside.
For the Mango Coconut Dipping Sauce:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
For the Sambusas:
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water.
- Cut egg roll wrappers in half diagonally to have 20 each triangles.
- With the long edge of the triangle facing you, brush half of the wrapped in the corn starch mixture to cover the left half of the wrapper.
- Take the tip of the right side of the wrapper and fold it up to the top of the triangle, roll the remaining portion of the wrapper (which should be the cornstarch brushed half) around to form a cone.
- Press the bottom of the cone in on itself to seal this bottom point.
- Fill the cone with about 1 1/s Tbsp of lamb mixture, brush one of the open sides with the cornstarch mixture and press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and lamb.
- Fry until golden brown.
For Plating & Serving:
- Serve 5 per plate with Mango Coconut Dipping Sauce.
These lamb sambusas make a great addition to your sampler platter.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: North American