Created near the ports of Montreal comes a catch of an appetizer, from Chef Jeremie Falissard of the Barroco Group, that you’ll want to reel onto your menu ASAP! With McCormick Culinary Sea Salt and chile and lime spice-seasoned potatoes mixed with matane shrimp, dill, chives and red curry cocktail sauce, this dish is served atop halved avocado and then garnished with mullet roe and fried fingerling potato chips.
For the Red Curry Cocktail Sauce:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
For the Matane Shrimp and Avocado:
- Slice fingerling potatoes crosswise on a mandolin and rinse in cold water.
- Fry drained potato chips in 275 degrees Fahrenheit until golden.
- Transfer to paper towel lined baking sheet and season with McCormick Culinary Sea Salt, Mediterranean Fine Grind and Tajin spice.
- Mix shrimp, dill, chives, red curry cocktail sauce, and tajin spice in a bowl.
For Plating & Serving:
- Place shrimp mixture atop halved avocado and garnish with fried fingerling potato chips and mullet roe.
Fingerling potatoes can be sliced ahead of time and held in cold water under refrigeration then drained and blotted before following recipe instructions.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Canadian