From 2017 ACF Student Chef of the Year, Madeline Black, comes a bite-sized seafood starter worthy of any season. Topped with a Thai Kitchen® Green Curry mayo in a bed of seafood liquid, these crepes are served filled with a combination of mussels, clams, lemons, onions, McCormick Culinary® Ground Black Pepper and so much more. For that extra tasty touch, add a chive garnish before serving.
For the Crepe
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- In a small nonstick sauté pan, heat a small amount of butter on medium-high heat. Add enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan and swirl in pan to get an even layer. Cook until crepe is set and just starting to turn golden. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Lay out crepes on a flat surface. Take ½ cup seafood filling that has been slightly pressed together and evenly spread down the middle of a crepe. Tightly roll crepe. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a greased sheet pan and cook in the oven for 4-5 minutes at 375°F, until heated through.
For the Thai Green Curry Mayo
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
For the Seafood Filling
- Cook mussels and clams separately in white wine and a lemon half until they open. Save the cooking liquid, discard shells, and set mussels and clams aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of oil or butter and add onion and shallot. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add garlic, red peppers, and green curry paste.
- Once onions are fully cooked and peppers are soft, add scallops and shrimp. Cook for 1 minute and add wine as well as the cooked mussels and clams. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When seafood is fully cooked, strain seafood mixture saving the liquid. Reduce the strained liquid in the same pan and adjust seasoning. Set sauce aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine seafood mixture, herbs, egg yolk, and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mixture should hold together when pressed, and should be slightly damp. If mixture is too wet, add more bread crumbs.
- While filled crepe is still warm, slice into about 1 inch pieces. On serving spoon, place a teaspoon of the reduced seafood liquid and filled crepe in the center. Top with a small amount of Thai green curry mayo and garnish with chives.
Recipe makes 8 servings.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Thai