Extra, extra, eat all about it! We've got the EVERYTHING of edibles, our very own everything pretzels with bacon beer cheese!
For the Everything Topping:
- For the topping: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the Pretzels:
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. Combine warm water, yeast, and brown sugar. Let set until frothy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, salt, and white sugar. Create a well in the center of the flour and add oil and yeast mixture. Turn mixer on low and mix until a rough ball forms. Increase speed to the second lowest setting and allow dough to knead until a smooth ball forms, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic and allow to proof in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- While dough is rising, add baking soda to hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Once Dough has risen, divid into 16 equal sized pieces. Roll into 1/2" rods and twist into pretzel shape. Dunk in baking soda water. Place face down in everything topping. Set topping side up on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until browned, about 8 minutes.
For the Bacon Beer Cheese:
- In a medium sauce pan render the fat out of the bacon. Add butter and stir until melted. Sprinkle with flour and cook until slightly browned.
- Slowly add beer, stirring. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add cheese and stir until melted. Keep warm.
- Plate cheese in crock or smaller vessel with 2 pretzels for dipping.
Everything topping can be used in a variety of ways for your everyday, "everything" eats, including, but not limited to encrusting, vinaigrettes, crostini, salad toppings and more!
This is a great pretzel recipe to make superb, in-house pretzel buns.
This recipe makes 8 servings of 2 twist-a-licious pretzels and bacon beer cheese dip!
- Recipe type: Breads
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 550
- Sodium: 1450 mg
- Carbohydrates: 80 g
- Protein: 17 g