Crisp, savory vegetable pancakes are topped with a flaxseed spiced goat cheese sauce bursting with flavor.
This recipe was developed for the Flavor Forecast: Looking Back to Look Forward.
Goat Cheese Sauce
- In a bowl combine yogurt, milk, goat cheese, flaxseed blend, and salt. Mix well. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add oil. Once hot, add onions, bell pepper, carrots, and celery. Cook until tender. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and cool mixture.
- In a bowl combine cooled vegetable mixture, zucchini, eggs, breadcrumbs, flaxseed blend, salt, and pepper. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed. Refrigerate to allow mixture to firm up.
- Use a #20 scoop to portion vegetable mixture. Form into 1/4" cakes and place on parchment lined sheet tray. Hold refrigerated for service.
Flaxseed with Mediterranean Herbs Blend
- In a bowl combine flaxseed, Italian Seasoning, paprika, and fennel seed. Mix well and store in an airtight container.
- For each serving, in a sauté pan over medium heat add 2 tablespoon oil. Fry 3 vegetable cakes on each side until golden brown.
- Plate as desired and top with 3 tablespoons Goat Cheese Sauce. Serve hot.
Vegetable cakes can be baked instead of fried by roasting at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 210 cal
- Sodium: 630 mg
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Protein: 9 g