A pulled pork sandwich braised in a blend of Cattlemen’s® Tangy Carolina Gold BBQ™ Sauce and finished with cheese, slaw and pickles.
- Set oven to 350°F. In a bowl combine pork, oil, and smokehouse seasoning. Toss until evenly distributed. Place in a hotel pan and roast until pork is seared, about 25 minutes.
- While pork is roasting, combine BBQ sauce, apple juice, vinegar, and RedHot® until well mixed.
- Remove pork from oven. Pour BBQ liquid over pork and cover hotel pan tightly with foil. Return to oven and cook until pork is tender, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow pork to cool slightly. Shred pork and return to pan with BBQ liquid. Toss until pork is well coated. Hold hot for service or cool completely and reheat for service.
- For each serving, toast 1 bun. Cover the bottom of bun with 1 slice of cheese, 6 ounces of sauced pork, 1/4 cup of slaw and 3 pickles.
- Finish with top of bun and serve hot alongside extra Cattlemen's Gold.
For even more Carolina flavor try substituting this Tangy Gold Slaw for traditional coleslaw in this sandwich build.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches