A simple yet sophisticated grilled cheese that leverages the trend of sweet-hot flavors with the combination of McCormick Crushed Chipotle Pepper and honey. The soothing melty brie and the crisp apples and crispy grilled bread creates indulgent opposing textures and wonderful flavors.
- Preheat griddle to 350°F.
- Hydrate the Chipotle Pepper in hot water for 5 minutes. Strain and add the pepper to the honey.
- Butter each slice of bread.
- For each sandwich: place one slice on bread on the griddle. Top with 3 slices of brie cheese, a quarter of thin sliced apple, a tablespoon of chipotle honey, 1/4 cup of arugula. Cover with buttered slice of bread.
- Once cheese is melted, turn and grill the other side. Remove from griddle and cut in half. Serve with extra Chipotle Honey or fruit preserves if desired.
Leave the rind on the brie if desired. Slicing the cheese cold makes it easer to get thin consistent slices.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Prep time: 10-20 min.