A smoky brisket taco with subtle heat and smoky flavors driven by Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce.
- Set smoker with hickory wood to 225°F. Allow brisket to sit at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, and cumin. Whisk well to combine.
- In another bowl, combine and whisk the mustard and Cholula® together. Rub entire brisket with mustard mixture, then apply dry rub on both sides.
- Smoke the brisket to an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Remove from smoker and wrap in butcher paper. Return to smoker until internal temperature reaches 205°F.
- Remove from smoker and hold in butcher paper for 2 hours. Shred for service and hold hot.
Chipotle Pico de Gallo
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, and tomato. Add Cholula® and toss to combine. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to medium-high and oil lightly. For each serving, heat 3 tortillas on grill briefly on each side to warm and leave grill marks.
- Place tortillas in taco holders and fill each with 2 tablespoons cabbage, top with 3 tablespoons brisket, 1 teaspoon Cholula, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, a slice of avocado, and a cilantro sprig.
- Garnish with 2 lime wedges if desired and serve warm.
If you don’t have access to a smoker, you can cook or braise the brisket on low heat, and let the Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce provide the smoky flavors.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Mexican