This refreshing frozen treat stars Spirulina, a blue-green algae considered to be a superfood. Both swirled and garnished with Sweet Furikake Seasoning, this no-churn ice cream delivers sweet, earthy and umami-forward flavors with every creamy bite. Explore
Furikake Sweet Seasoning
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat melt sugar until golden brown. Pour onto silicone baking mat and let cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine sesame seeds, bonito flakes, nori, and sea salt in food processor. Pulse until mixture is well blended but not powdered. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Into same food processor break up cooled caramel and pulse until crumbled. Add to bowl with sesame mixture.
- Add salt, and black pepper to sesame caramel mixture and stir until well mixed. Hold in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Spirulina Ice Cream
- In a bowl, dissolve spirulina powder with a portion of the heavy cream. Transfer to blender.
- Add the rest of heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, corn syrup and sesame oil. Blend on high.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in Sweet Furikake Seasoning. Freeze overnight to set.
- Serve one scoop of Spirulina Ice Cream and garnish with additional Sweet Furikake Seasoning.
Use this concept of adding Spirulina powder and Sweet Furikake to any preferred ice cream base!