Beloved worldwide for it's vanilla goodness and "burnt sugar" hard caramel top, McCormick for Chefs® has transformed this iconic dessert into an "easy peasy" recipe of vanilla creme brulee mastery, that will have your dinner guests saying, "Yay! It's creme brulee! Yes, I will have dessert today!"
For the Vanilla Creme Brulee:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring cream and milk to a simmer in medium saucepan on medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until pale yellow. Gradually whisk in cream mixture.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Carefully pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until custards are almost set in center.
- Cool custards in water bath.
- Remove from water bath. Cover each custard with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining sugar evenly over each custard.
- Holding a hand-held torch 4 inches from the sugar, lightly brown the sugar using a slow even motion. Remove the flame just before desired degree of browning is reached, as the sugar will continue to brown for a few seconds.
This recipe makes 8 servings.
Garnish with fresh berries and mint, if desired.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 340
- Sodium: 35 mg
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Protein: 5 g