Reel in this Albacore Tuna to celebrate the Fourth of July. Seasoned with Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning and grilled to perfection, this freshwater fish is complimented with the delicious flavors of pickled green beans and sweet mustard.
For the Sweet Mustard:
- Combine mustard seed, water, and sugar together in a jar. Leave for 24 hours.
For the Albacore Tuna:
- Prepare tuna by spraying it gently with vegetable spray. Coat tuna with Smokehouse Maple Seasoning. Wrap tuna tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat up plancha grill to high heat until just smoking. Add oil into the pan and carefully sear all sides of the rubbed tuna for no longer than 5 seconds. Lay the loins in the grill away from you. Take off the heat and transfer into the freezer to stop the cooking process and to make the tuna slice more easily.
- Leave for 10- 12 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator.
For the Green Beans:
- In a medium sauce pot, add water, sherry wine, white vinegar and bring to a light boil then add green beans. Leave cooking gently for a few minutes then strain. Cool in the refrigerator
- Take the tuna out and gently cut at a slight angle into ½” slices. Separately, toss the pickled beans in cold pressed canola and add a pinch of coarse sea salt. In 4 small bowls, equally spoon the mustard in each, then gently pile mixed vegetables on top of mustard sauce. Finish with the slices of tuna on top.
Pickling vegetables? For maximum flavor add water vinegar, honey, salt, black peppercorns, pink peppercorns and garlic plus seasoning in a pot and bring to a boil. Pour mixture into sanitized jars filled with the vegetables you wish to pickle. Tightly screw on the lid and allow to sit for 1-7 days to reach desired flavor.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: American Regional