Come get curried away with a swimmingly delicious seafood entrée from Lavelle’s Executive Chef, Romain Avril! Let your senses reel in the savory tastes of halibut, shrimp, naan bread, cinnamon scented rice and green curry broth, a culinary combination customers will want to go fishing for again and again all-season long. Your first mates on this flavorful voyage? McCormick Culinary Cinnamon, Ground & Culinary Coriander Seed!
For the Green Curry Broth:
- Dice garlic, lemon grass, red chilies, ginger, galangal.
- In a pot add all the ingredients together with the coconut milk and green curry paste and cook for an hour on low simmer.
- Add the remaining chilies, coriander and Thai basil. Let it steep for 15 min and reserve.
For the Halibut and Shrimp:
- Devein the shrimp and cut the halibut in big chunk (1oz).
- Marinade them for 6 hours with 2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes in a pot with some of the coconut curry broth and do the same with the halibut.
For the Cinnamon Scented Rice:
- Brunoise the onion, garlic, ginger, chili, galangal and sweat it off with all the spices. Make sure to do it on low heat so the mixture cooks with no color.
- Add the rice to the mixture and stir all together, season. Add the coconut water and cook it until all the liquid is evaporated. Rectify the seasoning, add the zests and juice from the lime and the chopped up, and some chiffonade of fresh coriander.
For the Naan Bread:
- Cut the naan into quarter and deep fry it or grill it, brush the garlic oil on top of them and season.
- In four bowls, place the curried shrimp and halibut on a bed of cinnamon scented rice with naan bread. For added flavor garnish with limes, red chili and Thai basil.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Thai