This twist on a classic shakshuka is packed with hearty greens like kale and baby spinach.
- In a saute pan heat first amount of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add second amount of olive oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, and crushed red pepper to pan and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and chickpeas and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add kale and spinach in batches, allowing to wilt before adding more. Stir in vegetable stock and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, just until kale is tender.
- Portion mixture into 8 oz ramekins and create an indentation in the center of each with the back of a spoon. Hold warm for service.
- For service, crack an egg into the indentation of 1 portioned ramekin. Place under salamander and cook until egg white is set. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon feta cheese. Serve hot with crusty toasted bread, if desired.