Cook slow and serve fast with this savory stew recipe from Chef Den Geltner. Topped with sautéed onions, garlic and served in a spicy Baharat Seasoning of our McCormick Oregano, Coriander, Cinnamon, Cumin, Cardamom and more, this Moroccan culinary masterpiece will make for a steaming addition to your restaurant’s autumn menu.
For the Baharat Seasoning:
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl.
For the Couscous:
- Mix olive oil with dry couscous. Bring stock to a boil, pour stock over couscous and stir once. Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork and add Grill Mates Vegetable Seasoning and lemon juice.
For the Moroccan Tagine with Root Vegetables and Chickpeas:
- Sauté onions and garlic. Add carrots, tomato paste, water and Baharat seasoning.
- Cook russet potato aside and roast sweet potato.
- Cook chickpeas aside.
- When all cooked, add to pot.
- Finish by adding olives, artichokes, barberries, herbs and lemon - off heat.
- Put 1 cup of cooked couscous at the bottom of a bowl and top with tagine.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Moroccan