A traditional German pasta.
- In a bowl whisk flour, milk, eggs, parsley flakes, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Grease a perforated pan with vegetable oil. Press dough through holes into boiling water.
- Once spätzle floats, remove from water. Grease lightly and cool completely. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, in a saute pan over medium high heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter . Add 1 1/2 cups spätzle and cook until warmed through and lightly golden brown. Serve with suggested accompaniments in chef tips.
- Recipe type: Pasta and Rice