A simple but vibrant build made with Frank's RedHot® Rajili® Sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes and freshly chopped cilantro on flatbread. Covered lightly with shredded cheese and topped with chunks of juicy pulled-beef short ribs, applewood smoked bacon, mushrooms, green peppers and onions then baked.
- For Fire-Roasted Tomato Sauce:Combine Frank's RedHot® Rajili™ Sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes and cilantro. Yields 2 cups. Note: This sauce will be chunky. For a slightly smoother consistency, puree in a blender for just a few seconds.
- To Build Flatbread:Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Spread flatbread with 1/4 cup Fire-Roasted Tomato Sauce, leaving a 1/2-inch border along edges.
- Cover with cheese. Place beef, bacon mushrooms, green peppers and onions over flatbread.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until cheese is melted and flatbread is crisp. Cut into wedges.
Substituting other herbs can change the flavor of this sauce.
Consider using tarragon or fresh Italian herbs.
This sauce is loaded with flavor.
Try it on burgers and roasted beef sandwiches.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread