Move over pre-made, pre-purchased pizza dough: our easy to make, traditional pizza dough will delight your diners...it's love at first bite: mangia!
- In a medium bowl combine the warm water and sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add yeast and stir. Let sit until frothy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine flour and salt. Attach dough hook and with the mixer on its lowest setting slowly add the yeast mixture and oil. Knead in mixture until dough ball has formed. Increase speed to the next lowest setting and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a lightly greased large metal bowl. Roll the dough around so it is lightly oiled. Cover with plastic and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divid into 4 equal portions for 10" pizzas, 2 equal portions for 14" pizzas, or leave as is for 18" pizza. Form into balls and use immediately or refrigerate for later use, up to 1 day later.
- When ready to use, gently stretch dough into appropriate size and cook as desired.
This pizza dough can be made and held up to one day.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread
- Cuisine: Italian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 570
- Sodium: 970 mg
- Carbohydrates: 100 g
- Protein: 13 g