We've created an elegant, chilled salmon salad that's edibly accessorized by the health halo of yogurt. Salmon and creamy mustard are a flavor match made in heaven! We've gone ahead and topped on some additional tastes, textures and flavors: sesame sticks, pine nuts and roasted red peppers, for multi-textural flavor complexity, without overtaking the mild and tender salmon drizzled with the semi-sweet, Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing.
For the Poached Salmon:
- Bring 2 quarts of water and 1/4 cup to Lawry's Citrus Herb Salt Free Seasoning to a boil.
- Place salmon fillets in water and allow water to come back to a simmer.
- Poach salmon for approximately 5 minutes until just barely medium.
- Pour off most of the water and add ice to cool salmon.
For the Assembly:
- For each order, plate 2 cups of greens, then top each salad with 1/3 cup of cucumber.
- Gently break up the salmon fillet and spread over the salad greens.
- Garnish with 1 Tablespoon each of pine nuts and sesame sticks and 2 Tablespoons each of roasted red peppers.
- Drizzle each salad with 3 Tablespoons of honey mustard yogurt dressing and serve with a lemon wedge. RECIPE >>
This salad is also very nice with freshly sliced Fuji apples as a garnish and also when pureed into the honey mustard yogurt dressing.
For extra flavor, flake the salmon and toss in the honey mustard vinaigrette before garnishing the salad with it.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes: 10 mins prep & 10 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 460
- Sodium: 920 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 32 g