A fresh and upgraded version of the traditional Green Bean Casserole that features fresh wild mushrooms in a Frank's RedHot Seasoning® infused mornay sauce over fresh French Cut Green Beans.
Cayenne Mushroom Mornay Sauce
- Heat heavy bottom pot over medium heat, add first amount butter, melt and add flour. Mix and cook to make a blond roux.
- Slowly add milk, whisking to combine.
- Stick cloves into onion and add to pot with bay leaf. Simmer, stirring until thickened.
- Strain sauce through a sieve and return to pot over medium heat. Add cheeses and simmer, stirring, until the cheese is melted.
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat, add second amount of butter, second amount of onions, and mushrooms. Sauté until onions are translucent. Add salt & pepper.
- Combine Sautéed onion & mushroom with Mornay sauce and add Frank's RedHot® seasoning.
- Hold Hot for service or chill and refrigerate until needed.
Green Beans & Topping
- In a bowl combine crispy onions with Frank's RedHot® Seasoning. Toss until evenly coated.
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat with butter until melted. Add beans and garlic salt. Sauté until hot.
- Place beans in a shallow hotel pan or serving dish and cover with mornay sauce. Stir to ensure sauce is well distributed.
- Just prior to service, top with Frank's RedHot® seasoned crispy onions. Place in hot oven until onions are warmed through.
When scaling larger batches, cloves may not need to be increase.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes