Part baked potato, part crispy potato chip, this show-stopping side dish brushed with a Nashville Hot garlic oil mixture looks great plated and is surprisingly easy to prep!
- 4 each Russet Poatoes, medium sized, washed
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 3 tbsps Franks ® Nashville Hot Seasoning
- 12 slices Smoked Gouda, about 2-inch square thin slices
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsely, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
- In a saucepot, heat butter, olive oil and garlic on low heat. Cook until garlic is softened and flavor has been infused into oil. Remove from heat.
- Strain oil into a bowl, discarding solids. Add Nashville Hot Seasoning, stirring until well combined.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Slice potatoes crosswise, hasselback style, leaving 1/4" at bottom of potato intact.
- Place potatoes on a lined sheet tray. Brush with Nashville Hot garlic oil mixture, making sure to brush into cuts.
- Roast potatoes 40 minutes, basting with Nashville Hot garlic oil every 10 minutes (3 times). Cool completely. Wrap potatoes individually and hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, flash fry a potato 3 minutes
- Place 1 slice Gouda in every third cut. Flash fry, just long enough to melt cheese.
- Brush on final coating of Frank’s Nashville Hot® Seasoning garlic oil and top with fresh herbs. Serve Immediately.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: North American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 721
- Sodium: 485
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Protein: 12
- Fiber: 3