A play on Indian street food, these loaded fries get dressed up with the irresistible flavor of a Masala Shikani (Indian Lemonade) inspired citrus chaat seasoning. Explore
Chaat Lemon Seasoning
- In a bowl, combine chaat masala and lemon pepper until well mixed. Store in an airtight container until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, toss 1 tsp of the Chaat Lemon Seasoning with the panner cheese then fry the paneer cheese until golden brown.
- In a bowl, toss paneer cheese with the first amount of Chaat Lemon Seasoning until evenly coated. Heat oil in a saute pan and sear paneer until golden brown. Cool and hold ambient for service.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon zest. Whisk until ingredients are evenly distributed. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set fryer to 350°F. For each serving, fry 1 pound of french fries until golden brown. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine hot fries with 1/2 cup seasoned paneer and 1 tablespoon of Chaat Lemon Seasoning. Toss until fries are evenly coated.
- Place fries on desired plate. Drizzle with roughly 1/3 cup lemon sour cream and garnish with 2 tablespoons scallions and sliced red chili, and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Serve warm.
Paneer can be seared off to order if desired.
- Recipe type: Snacks
- Cuisine: Indian