The summer favorite is elevated to new levels by making each component in house.
- Prepare a sheet tray with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, hydrate gelatin with ice cold water.
- Combine remaining water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium sauce pot. Gently stir to combine. Place over medium high heat and cook for until sugar mixture has reached 250°F.
- Turn stand mixer on low and slowly drizzle hot sugar mixture down the side of the bowl. Once all of the syrup is incorporated increase speed to to high and beat mixture until thick, white, and the bowl feels lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- While the marshmallow is being whipped, combine powdered sugar and corn starch. Dust some of this mixture over prepared sheet tray.
- Take a pastry bag fitted with a round or star tip and fold down the sides twice. Transfer finished marshmallow to pastry bag. Pipe marshmallow onto each skewer, twisting around the skewer to get a marshmallow twirled onto the stick. Dust with powdered sugar mixture and lay flat on prepared sheet tray.
- Allow to dry ambiently for 3 days. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
- In a food processor combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture looks similar to cornmeal. Add honey, milk, and vanilla. Process until dough forms a ball. Press dough into a 1/2 inch disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 325°F. Dust work surface lightly with flour. Unwrap graham cracker dough. Roll dough out to 1/8" thickness. Use a docker or a fork to dock the entire dough. Cut into desired size rectangle. Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar.
- Place on parchment lined sheet tray and bake until crackers are starting darken on the edges, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Hold in airtight container until needed.
- In a bowl over a saucepot of simmering water, melt chocolate. Pour chocolate out onto parchment lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Allow to cool completely.
- Use a hot knife to cut chocolate into pieces to fit graham crackers. Hold in airtight container until needed.
- Serve 1 marshmallow, 2 graham crackers, and 1 piece of salted chocolate alongside a way to toast the marshmallow, such as a tin of chafing fuel. Allow guest to toast and build s'more.
These components can be created in any shape desired, such as circles or perfect squares.
Make rainbow s'mores using this Rainbow Marshmallow Recipe!