Chamoy, with its mildly hot, tangy and floral characteristics, is the perfect companion to the fruity, subtle heat of McCormick® Tamarind and Pasilla Chile Seasoning. Here, the blend is featured in both the sauce and coleslaw for an extra dose of elevated flavor.
Tamarind Pasilla Ribs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove membrane from underside of ribs. Rub meaty side of ribs with Seasoning. Place on foil-lined sheet pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until meat starts to pull away from bones. Remove from oven and cool. Hold refrigerated until service.
- Mix all ingredients except lemon juice and Seasoning in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat to simmer. Cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and Seasoning. Cool slightly. Puree until smooth. Strain through fine mesh strainer, scraping with a spatula to press through. Hold refrigerated for Service.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning in large bowl. Add slaw mix tossing to coat. Hold refrigerated until service.
- Set grill to medium. Brush each rack of ribs on both sides with 3/4 cup of the Chamoy Sauce. For each serving, cut rack of ribs in half. Grill 1 half rack per order on both sides until temp reaches 165°F and sauce is lightly caramelized. Serve hot with additional Chamoy Sauce and prepared Slaw on the side.